Universität Basel, Fall 2016
Master in Wirtschaftswissenschaften
Prof. Dr. Kurt Schmidheiny
Lecture Notes and Slides:
Causal Effects and the Logic of Randomized Experiments:
- Problem Set 1: 2up, 1up. Discussed October 5, 2016, 11:15-12:00.
Article in Pediatrics, article in the New York Times (pdf).
Online test: Unibas E-Assessment. Due October 5, 2016, 10:15
(you will receive your personal access code via email on Friday).
- Writing Group for the Women's Health Initiative Investigators (2002), Risks and Benefits of Estrogen Plus Progestin in Healthy Postmenopausal Women: Principal Results From the Women's Health Initiative Randomized Controlled Trial, Journal of the American Medical Association, 288:321-333.
- Jeremy D. Finn and Charles M. Achilles (1990), Answers and Questions About Class Size: A Statewide Experiment, American Educational Research Journal, 27, 557-577
- Alan B. Krueger (1999), Experimental Estimates of Education Production Functions, The Quarterly Journal of Economics, 114 (2), 497-532
- The Wyeth ghostwriting case: New York Times, Aug 4, 2009, PLOS Ghostwriting Collection
- Problem Set 2: 2up, 1up. Discussed October 19, 2016, 11:15-12:00.
Data: csv (codebook). Output.
Online test: Unibas E-Assessment. Due October 19, 2016, 10:15
- Problem Set 3: 2up, 1up. Output. Discussed October 26, 2016.
Online test: Unibas E-Assessment. Due October 26, 2016, 10:15
- Problem Set 4: 2up, 1up. Output. Discussed November 2.
Online test: Unibas E-Assessment. Due November 2, 2016, 10:15
- Problem Set 5: 2up, 1up. Output. Discussed November 9.
Online test: Unibas E-Assessment. Output online test. Due November 9, 2016, 10:15.
- New York Times, Economix Blog, May 22, 2009
- Problem Set 6: 2up, 1up. Data: csv (codebook), Stata. Output. Discussed November 23.
Online test: Unibas E-Assessment. Due November 23, 2016, 10:15.
- Daron Acemoglu, Simon Johnson, and James A. Robinson (2001), The Colonial Origins of Comparative Development: An Empirical Investigation, American Economic Review, 91, 1369-1401.
- Problem Set 7: 2up, 1up. Data: csv (codebook), Stata. Output. Discussed Monday November 30, 2016.
Online test: Unibas E-Assessment. Due November 30, 2016, 10:15.